|Front view with faux shed door|
Progress is never as fast as one wishes it seems, when it comes to things like this but I am happy to say that progress has been steady despite some sidetracks. Those sidetracks include both time spent in MA doing the chores and other things that need doing here as well as the diversion recently of acquiring additional property in yet another state that itself has a whole host of projects associated with it. More on that story in a later post that I'm working on. Basically, I now have projects for at least a couple of years, straight.
|Rear view with sliding door, deck, entry and window|
|The simple shutters trim the windows nicely|
The next step was to then close in the old shed door spaces and the old wood pile alcove and re-frame for windows. The old sliding door opening would be framed and a faux door would replace it to keep the aesthetics correct. The wood pile alcove would be removed and framed for a window and the shed door opening would be re-framed for a window as well. This also meant residing and trimming the openings to match the existing siding. The other thing I had to do was to install the triangular step/deck platform that I built a couple of weeks back. That went in pretty easily and mated up perfectly. I even had time on one of the hottest, sweatiest days, to relocate and consolidate not one but two wood piles yet again. This time however, it is to their permanent home. I hope.
|Shed doors and ramp on the side|
The reality is that it really does look pretty cute. Next on the list is to re-wire it, re-frame a couple of small sections of rafter and slap a small window in the gable end, if I can find one. Then add some insulation and another layer of under-layment and button the inside up. Some pine trim, some paint, and a cheap floating floor and Bam, project complete. I know, it sounds easy and quick and I realize all to well that it will be neither.