Saturday, May 11, 2013

Five Hundred

Five hundred in a row happened today with the Wrath of the Boneyard MTB race in Meriden, CT. It lived up to it's name in spades and was one of the toughest race coursed I've done. Wet rocks galore made extra fun on the single-speed. It seemed like a good idea last night though in hindsight, the Yeti 575 would have been a very good weapon of choice.

No worries though as what doesn't kill you, and try as it might, it didn't, makes one stronger. I think that I've come to the realization though that single-speeds are a whole lot of fun to ride but really, really hurt to race. Guess I'm soft though as the real tough guys do it week in and week out.

This was a great old school course with new school layout and planning made for a tough but good course. Thanks a ton Fabian, Chris and Jill and the folks from the Meriden motorcycle club for letting us use your playground.

Day five hundred also ended a little better than day four hundred, which was spend racing in frozen slop in Louisville. Good times and good fun.

Today is also Cathy's birthday. Happy birthday to my wife and best friend. Thank you for spending another year, with me. You are my everything and I would be lost without you.

That's it.

No comments: