Tuesday, February 01, 2011

It's not you, it's me

Some times it just happens. Things are going along well and then one small thing puts a minor kink in a relationship. Then, later on something else causes a stress or strain. Eventually, before you know it, the little things start to pile up and if you let them go to long without aggressively addressing the issues at hand, resentment can and often does build. The simple, basic things like communication break down and you end up avoiding each other all together, hardly speaking on those rare instances when you do find yourself in that awkward face to face confrontation. The faked preoccupation, distant gaze or simple eyes down stare at the floor in passing become the norm.

That is precisely where I am finding myself now. We have had a good long run and the past couple years especially have been filled with constant companionship and countless adventures. We've spent so much time together, watching movies and listening to music together. You have been very good both to and for me and our relationship has allowed me to grow and flourish in ways I could never have imagined. Sure, there were some rough points, and some mild irritations resulting in the occasional numbing of the senses, but we stuck it out and always managed to reconnect when the times were right and when it meant the most. Unfortunately, recently we seem to have drifted apart. This is especially unfortunate as this is the season where we typically have the most time for each other.

The trashy home wrecker.

I'm hesitant to say that this is because of someone else. That said, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that another has caught my eye, and my fancy. She is sleek and sexy and has introduced me to a whole new world beyond the confines of our relationship. As such, I think that we should spend some time apart, to evaluate our relationship. Possibly to see others. Don't be angry and I hope that you're not hurt as that was never my intent. I think you're fantastic and that it's not you, it's me.

I Hope that we can still be friends.

1 comment:

Jonny Bold said...

Nice! And I thought you were talking about your desire to keep writing blog posts...