Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

Another incredible year has slipped by and I am perched here, on Christmas Eve at the brink of Christmas. It was the same when I was young; the weeks and months waiting impatiently in anticipation only to have Christmas day sweep in so quickly. Never prepared and never having gotten all you wished to get from the joyous season regardless of how long you have been listening to Christmas music. I think that the older we get, the more difficulty it is to truly let go and immerse yourself in the spirit and kindle the passion of youth for the season.

Regardless though, we try and I can't help but think that in the simple act of trying, we somehow succeed.

Merry Christmas. Thank you to all of my friends, family, teammates and especially my wife Cathy for making this another wonderful year. The best year yet. Oh, and thanks for Opie and Ellie as well. Making it all worth while.

No comments: